Commitment: 8-12 hours weekly, May/ June 2021 – October 2021
We are seeking a contractor to assist with field mowing and groundskeeping of the farm.
Working with the farm management, you will perform field mowing and groundskeeping on the farm. Work entails mowing using a tractor and/or walk-behind mower, and weed whacking in the fields and farm property. This is a contract and temporary position, paid as a 1099.
- Work with the farm manager to maintain farm fields by weed whacking, mowing, cutting out brush, and other similar tasks.
- Ability to operate motorized equipment such as a weed trimmer or lawn mower, tractor experience a plus.
- Ability to use nonmotorized equipment such as loppers and pruning saws.
- Ability to work independently or in groups.
- Experience doing manual labor or working in all kinds of weather.
- Tractor experience and basic tool knowledge a plus, but not required. Landscaping experience preferred.
- Attention to detail.
- Applicants must be age 18 or older.
- Valid drivers license required and ability to drive manual (preferred).
- Familiarity with vegetable plants a plus.
Compensation: This position pays $15 per hour, for approximately 8-12 hours per week from May or June 2021 to October 2021. Weekly schedule will be determined through communication about the weather and availability between the Farm Manager the Farm Mower. Request that most of the hours occur during weekdays between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Work Conditions & Physical Requirements: This position involves outdoor work in varying weather conditions (heat, rain, etc.); it is physically demanding, requiring the ability to stand, sit on a tractor, and/or lift heavy (40lbs.) items on regular basis.
To apply, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a resume and/or email that includes skills and experience.